Specialty drugs have accounted for the majority of the U.S. Food & Drug Administration approvals for the past several years, and this trend is expected to continue. These therapies treat rare and complex diseases and include orphan drugs used to treat a limited patient population.
Moving them through the commercialization process and working with specialty pharmacies demands unique skills.
You’ll want to focus on several areas for your specialty product launch:
- Pharmacy network selection and/or modification
- Pharmacy network contract support
- Therapy management program design and development using pharma client best practices
- Specialty data recommendations and analytics strategy
- Data interfaces for the HUB and data aggregator
- SPP implementation and post-launch management
- Fair market value assessment on SPP services
- Post-launch metrics measurement and vendor SOP management
- Post-launch pharma client-centric audit and validation
- Vendor-managed quarterly business review guidance and pharma support