Vice President, Open Access
The Vice President, Open Access works to improve the organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
It is the job of this VP, Open Access to work with the internal team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. To achieve this, they need to find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future.
The Vice President, Open Access will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive. They call on clients, often being required to make presentations on solutions and services that meet or predict their clients’ future needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Business Development [approx. 40%]
- Identify Open Access new business opportunities.
- Orchestrate new client meetings and capabilities presentations.
- Generate proposals.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Cross-sell the portfolio to include PharmaLicense, eRx, Trade and Compendia.
- Assure a clean transition and hand-off of the account and client to the Account Director and be available to re-engage with the client at the request of the Account Director.
- Channel Strategy [approx. 50%]
- Define client requirements.
- Identify potential partners.
- Work with the client to select partners.
- Assist in negotiating agreements with clients and partners.
- Architect the broader engagement to include PharmaLicense, eRx, Trade and Compendia.
- Other Duties [10%]
- Keep abreast of industry trends through attendance at industry conferences, reading journals, and other sources.
- Maintain records in client relationship management software (Salesforce).
- Perform other duties and projects as necessary.
Desired Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience demonstrating capacity to perform the required work.
- 10 years’ experience within pharmaceutical or marketing services industries, with extensive BD experience required.
- Must possess the ability to manage several projects concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional platform presentation skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills required; Microsoft Project experience desired.
- Proposal development and management.
Additional Position Information
- Flexible hours with appropriate coordination with principals and clients as needed
- Teleworking available with appropriate coordination
- Some travel expected (30-40%)
- Base salary plus commission
Two Labs, LLC is a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
Two Labs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.