Two Labs Strategic Consulting is a specialized management consultancy focused exclusively in biopharma and medical technology space with verticals focused on Corporate Development, Commercial Strategy, Medical Affairs and Clinical Development. We have recently been acquired by Envision Pharma Group.
As a member of the strategic consulting team, you will focus on research and analytical support to the client teams, demonstrate strong working knowledge of MS Office tools, and work successfully within our client engagement model.
A Consultant is an individual contributor responsible for structuring and conducting individual project tasks, contributing to project work streams, building high quality slides, and communicating effectively with clients and team members.
The highest role within the individual contributor group, a Senior Consultant is capable of structuring and managing project work streams independently, designing and conducting market research and analysis, storyboarding sections of or whole deliverables, building high quality slides, and communicating effectively with clients and team members.
- Understand client needs and collaborate with the project team to plan client engagements
- Respond to all emails and correspondence promptly
- Proactively ask clarifying questions to the project manager and / or project lead when uncertain about assigned tasks or next steps
- Diligent in taking takes notes in every project meeting (internal or external) and distributes a summary to the project team (as directed by the project manager), track and maintain action items, to-do lists, and make sure responsibilities are assigned to individuals with clear deadlines
- Keep project materials organized, using shared project folders to curate project related materials in an easy to navigate repository
- Seen as being responsive, reliable, and dedicated to the internal team and client satisfaction
- Begin to demonstrate ability to independently complete tasks and engage the project team when appropriate
Senior Consultants will also:
- Structure problem solving, research, and analysis with guidance,
- Develop detailed project plan with milestones, timelines, roles/responsibilities in collaboration with project lead.
- Take responsibility for regular client facing project updates including project plan, timelines, progress to date, key findings, issues and questions
- Develop instruments and execute primary / secondary research strategies
- Demonstrate ability to identify potential project risks/contingencies and raise them early with the internal project team, and proactively propose solutions to keep the project on track.
- Build trust with project manager and external client by showing proactive approach to next steps, outlining approach, asking questions, and committing to timelines and reaching consensus before moving to next steps.
- Support development of high-quality deliverables in a variety of different formats (i.e., PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SmartSheet, PowerBI), working with the Project Manager and / or Lead; contribute to projects that meet or exceed client expectations
- Distill insights from analysis and draft recommendations to address strategic client challenges
- Demonstrate ability to synthesize and succinctly communicate research findings in compelling deliverables that address client objectives
Senior Consultants will also:
- Design and own client deliverables with well thought out storyboard that reflect client challenges and propose solutions
- Effectively interpret project lead and client feedback, adapting deliverables (from 1st draft or from standard templates) to elevate content and quality at each iteration
- With support and feedback, develop client ready deliverables.
- Support additional revenue generation activities (i.e., develop proposals, participate in pitch presentations, draft SOWs, develop project case studies at the end of each engagement) at the direction of the Project Lead and ensure Proposal Library is kept up-to-date)
Communication with client and project team
- Effectively communicate with internal team and external client (in written and verbal manner)
- Listen to and incorporate feedback from project team
- Drafts effective emails on behalf of project manager/lead
- Demonstrates ability to conduct primary research interviews with client stakeholders, HCPs and Payers
- Identify and collaborate with the project team to resolve issues or challenges as they arise within client engagements; reinforce a culture of mutual respect, teamwork, and support
Senior Consultants will also:
- Effectively partner with project lead to understand the client situation including both stated and unstated objectives
- Proactively advance project thinking
- Adapt to different project manager styles and personalities
- Communicate effectively with both analysts/consultants and managers in written and oral communications
- Begin to take responsibility for developing team members (e.g., informal coaching, provide feedback and shares project learnings or new skills with peers)
- Lead internal project team discussions with organized agendas and discussions, capturing key inputs, asking probing questions required to incorporate feedback, addressing unknowns, and developing action plans.
- Serve as the point person for day-to-day client communications, bringing in the project leader when necessary
- Begin to develop credibility with the client through presentations of project plans and progress reports (including content, key issues, and questions), co-lead formal presentations and workshops
- Build rapport and trust with clients that leads to long-term professional relationships
- Embrace and cultivate positive team dynamics and continue the development of the overall culture in alignment with the Two Labs vision and mission
New Hire Qualifications:
- Consultant level should have a bachelor’s degree and 2 – 3 years of relevant experience OR a Master’s degree or PhD with previous biopharma or consulting experience
- Senior consultant level should have a bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience OR a Master’s degree, MBA, of PhD with previous biopharma or consulting work experience
- Relevant functional experience in delivering projects in one or more of CEEK’s service offering areas:
- Medical Affairs
- Corporate Development
- Clinical Development
Required Skills / Competencies
- Passion for Healthcare industry
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience providing direction to team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to combine critical thinking, research, and problem solving to create easy to understand solutions
- Detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Fluent in the use of MS Office with extremely strong PowerPoint skills
- A high level of motivation, self-starting attitude and mature judgment
Two Labs, LLC is a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
Two Labs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.