Riparian LLC, a division of Two Labs, is a Life-Sciences consulting and technology firm. Healthcare is a transforming industry due to legislative and regulatory demands, technology challenges, and societal trends. Our mission is to empower life sciences contracting & pricing teams through comprehensive solutions delivering efficiency, clarity, and accelerated insights.
Our professionals have deep healthcare industry knowledge and expertise. This high performing team helps clients define their information strategy, architecture and governance, get the most value from business intelligence and analytics, and implement enterprise content and data management solutions which enable business insights, reduce cost and complexity, increase trust and integrity, and improve operational effectiveness.
We have a team of experienced professionals with a diverse range of background and skills. Riparian is looking for Consultants / Senior Consultants to join our team.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Consultant/ Senior Consultant on our team, you will work in a collaborative and supportive environment to create insights and value for clients. Team members are self-motivated and demonstrate flexibility to assist on a variety of tasks.
- Assist with the calculation and analysis of government pricing calculations which may include Perform government pricing calculations Average Manufacture Price (AMP), Best Price (BP), Public Health Services (PHS) pricing, Average Sales Price (ASP), Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price (Non-FAMP), and Federal Ceiling Price (FCP).
- Prepare analysis, presentations, and assessment reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Interpret and analyze large datasets to develop analytics / solutions to support business needs
- Perform parallel calculations to confirm applicability of documented policies and procedures and ensure correctness and completeness of government reporting metrics
- Interact with end users to understand and document business and functional requirements for complex projects
- Quantify the financial impact of methodology or data changes, and complete pricing restatements if necessary
- Assist with documenting manual procedure workflow steps, or automating processes and preparing user instructions
- Produce and format statutory reporting files for manufacturers, utilizing established data reporting systems to complete upload
- Identify and address client needs:
- Build relationships with clients – serve as a subject matter expert on projects by demonstrating knowledge in some areas or functional specialty.
- Exercise professional judgment on engagements by providing proactive solutions and recommendations;
- Anticipate and communicate project risks
- Lead client interviews and meetings
- Assume responsibility for components of engagements such as developing content for client presentations
- Complete and manage client work in accordance with established budgets, workplans, quality standards, and timeframes
- Collaborate and contribute as a team member:
- Understand personal and team roles;
- Contribute to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Coach, develop, and supervise the efforts of analysts who assist with this work – provide advice, feedback, and guidance on work performance;
- Identify efficiencies within the team to further streamline future operations.
- Stay up to date on industry trends as it relates to drug commercialization in order to provide consultation to clients; such trends include but are not limited to supply chain and distribution, managed care, retail and specialty pharmacy, commercial contracting, and legislation related to government pricing
Ideal candidates will have some combination of Life Sciences management and/or technology consulting experience, competency with data analysis tools (Tableau, SQL, Excel, etc.), client service experience, understanding of pricing strategy / methodologies, and an ability to rapidly learn and apply new concepts.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Healthcare, Accounting/ Finance or Technology related field
- Two (2) years of Life Science audit/consulting or pharmaceutical industry experience showing progression/promotion for a Consultant level and Four (4) + years of Life Science audit/consulting or pharmaceutical industry experience showing progression/promotion for a Senior Consultant level
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Experience working with large data sets or proficiency with data tools such as SQL, MS Access, MS Excel is required
- Experience working with data analytical or data visualization tools such as Tableau and QlikView is preferred
- Understanding of life sciences contracting in the US, including Managed Care contracts, GPO contracts and Government Programs is preferred
- Familiarity with the calculation, methodological considerations, and reporting protocol for Government Pricing (GP) concepts such as Average Manufacturer Price, Best Price, Non-Federal Average Manufacturer Price, Unit Rebate Amount and 340B Pricing is preferred
- Working knowledge of manufacturer GP software such as Model N/Flex is preferred
- Understanding of Medicaid Drug Data Reporting System (DDR) modules is preferred
- Possess intermediate to advanced analytical skills and the ability to synthesize findings
- Ability to select and use appropriate tools for the job and perform technical research as required in delivering solutions to clients.
- High accuracy rate and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize concurrent project responsibilities
- Effective management of multiple client assignments, from planning through completion
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences in a professional business environment
- Willingness to travel
Two Labs, LLC is a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
Two Labs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.