The Contracts Specialist will join a highly collaborative, friendly, passionate, and energized team of professionals who work in an environment that goes beyond casual dress and flex scheduling. The ongoing growth of the company offers team members continuous opportunities to gain experience, develop skills, and chart their course along an exciting success path.
The Contracts Specialist performs generation, review, and maintenance of project-level contract documents for Two Labs and its affiliates. Reporting to the Director of Contracts and Proposals and working closely with General Counsel, this position typically works independently on complex tasks, with a great deal of individual judgement, and routinely interfaces with principals, business unit managers and salespeople to understand business needs, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Project-Level Contract Drafting, Review, and Management [60% of time]:
- Intake requests from internal customers, triage, determine appropriate contracting methodology, and advise internal customers
- Generate drafts of contracts and addenda as requested by internal customers
- Review and assess agreements written by clients and vendors, evaluating against Two Labs standard terms and conditions and legal principles, responding with language that supports the company objectives, providing alternatives, and/or identifying issues for counsel or business unit management; manage redline and routing of proposed changes
- Review all proposed agreement modifications/customizations; draft responses on behalf of Two Labs
- Prepare final documents for distribution, including instructions for internal customers and clients
- Maintain document libraries and database records of all contract drafts and executed documents
- Review and provide approval of final documents for execution; coordinate or review execution of agreements; manage electronic signature of documents; reject incomplete documents
- Record status of legal review in contract tracking software and provide appropriate notifications to business managers and others
- Abstract agreement details for use in contract management system and reporting
- Perform related projects delegated by the Director of Contracts and Proposals, General Counsel or others
- Business Development Support [40% of time]:
- Maintain CRMS records as needed
- Process executed documents in contract tracking software and provide appropriate notifications to business managers
- Create document management folders for all new engagements
Desired Experience and Education
- 0-2+ years’ experience contract drafting and review
- SalesForce experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
Additional Position Information
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- Health, dental and vision benefits, plus 401(k) plan
- Flexible hours with appropriate coordination with management and others as needed
- Remote working available with appropriate coordination (OH or NC preferred)
- No travel expected
Two Labs, LLC is a non-smoking and drug-free workplace.
Two Labs, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status.